cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Course syllabus includes unpublished items that I don't want to use

Jump to solution

Can I omit items from the Course Syllabus listing (besides just deleting them)?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Learner II

Hi Charles,

Are you wanting to omit items from the Course Syllabus because you don't want students to see them? If so, unpublishing is enough. I learned this through trial and error, but instructors will see unpublished items in the Course Summary section of the Syllabus area even though students can't. But I haven't found a way to omit items from an instructor's view of the course summary.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

Hi Charles,

Are you wanting to omit items from the Course Syllabus because you don't want students to see them? If so, unpublishing is enough. I learned this through trial and error, but instructors will see unpublished items in the Course Summary section of the Syllabus area even though students can't. But I haven't found a way to omit items from an instructor's view of the course summary.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Nicholas,

Thank you so much! I often forget that Student view is different from my Instructor view!!! Duh! So you are very right, those unpublished assignments don't show up in the Syllabus under Student View, so it's doing exactly as I want it to: Keep some assignments for possible future use, but omit them from Syllabus until then. (I've never used the Syllabus feature before, because I of course hand out my own actual syllabus for the class, but I now realize that what they call "Syllabus" is at least a convenient listing of assignment/due dates that students can check).

Thank you!

charles

Highlighted

Great - this is what I was hoping!  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels