Create Group Assignment

Jump to solution
ewagenheim
Community Novice

Hi,

I'm trying to create a group assignment, following directions from the guide.  I get to Select Group Set part of the process and create and name my groups.  Then when I try to "assign to" step and I type the name of any of the groups in the box, there is no record of the groups that I created in the previous step.  Any suggestions?  

354377_pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @ewagenheim ...

When you go to your "People" page, you should be able to see your "Ecocriticism" Group Set as a tab next to "Everyone".  (If you don't see this new Group Set, you can re-create it using this Guide: How do I add a group set in a course?)  Then, in this Group Set, you can create individual groups for the assignment (such as "Red Team", "Blue Team", "Green Team", etc.) and then assign your students to these groups within the Group Set.

Back on your assignment page, you would then select your "Ecocriticism" Group Set, and Canvas handles the rest...because it knows that you have already set up your student teams (or whatever you named them).  There shouldn't be a need to also use the "Assign to" box.  You should be able to keep that at "Everyone".

I hope this helps a bit, Elizabeth.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this.  Thanks...take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes