Creating Anonymous Discussions

Jump to solution
wallach
Community Novice

Hello, I am trying to make the discussions I assign to students let them post anonymously in order to allow them comfort in sharing their thoughts, and questions.

I haven't been able to find an option for this.  I would like to know who posts, but I don't want the students to see each others names. Thanks in advance:)

2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @wallach  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Anonymous discussions aren't possible in Canvas at this time.  However, there is an existing Feature Idea here in the Community called https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1117-anonymous-discussion-forums which you might be interested in.  If you feel that this Feature Idea aligns with something you would like to see implemented by Instructure, I would encourage you to vote on that idea and maybe add a comment to the bottom of it letting their engineers know why this would be important to you in Canvas.

I know this probably wasn't the answer you were hoping for, but I hope that it has helped to answer your question, Hannah.

View solution in original post

I am in favor of this.  Used it for targeted purposes with Blackboard in my literature courses - never on controversial subjects.  Quite successful, and much missed since we switched over.  A shame it is not available as an option.

View solution in original post

0 Likes