Creating Background Gradient on Canvas Page

Jump to solution
blakemacnelly
Community Explorer

Hello,

I am currently updating some HTML code in a Canvas Community I help design. I am wanting to make a heading with a background gradient. When I enter the code and preview it, it seems to work fine. But when I save the page code after updating it, the code to generate the gradient disappears.

Usually, when a code isn't accepted in the Canvas HTML Editor, it won't generate a preview, so when the gradient worked in the preview mode I assumed it was accepted. I don't understand why it won't save it.

Here is the code I am using that works with the preview on the page but not when I save the page.

<p style="text-align: left; background: linear-gradient(to right, #FFFFFF, #D0D0CE);"><strong><span style="font-size: 20pt; color: #fa6400;"><em>Building&nbsp;</em></span><span style="font-size: 20pt;">Your Resume</span></strong></p>
<p style="text-align: left;"><strong><span style="font-size: 20pt;">Making Your Resume&nbsp;</span><span style="font-size: 20pt; color: #fa6400;"><em>Stand Out</em></span></strong></p>

Can you please help me understand what I am doing wrong? I am using the enhanced RCE. 

Regards, 

Blake MacNelly

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @blakemacnelly ...

This is what I see in Canvas when I paste in the HTML that you've provided:

Gradient.jpg

Is there supposed to be a gradient on the second line too?

(By the way...this is kind of cool!  I didn't know you could use gradients in this way on Canvas pages.)

View solution in original post