cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ptucker1
Community Member

Creating a Canvas group

Jump to solution

I have an inquire from a teacher regarding creating a group list of students and staff, see below:

Does anyone know if we can/how to create another Canvas course from our current rosters to create a large group list? What I would like to do is essentially create a club in Canvas so I can post things to a calendar for all my Latin/Greek classes without having to post individually in 5 classes. I would also like to combine with another teacher’s rosters in the Middle School since our club is 7th-12th grade.

Any assistance is appreciated!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ptucker1 , greetings! Yes, this is something we do a lot for our clubs and groups (and all sorts of other purposes). We just created the course (a regular Canvas course) and then add the students/faculty as needed. In addition, here's some additional information on groups and clubs in Canvas - Paper Pumpkin - Campus Clubs and Groups 

Hope this helps!

Kona

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ptucker1 , greetings! Yes, this is something we do a lot for our clubs and groups (and all sorts of other purposes). We just created the course (a regular Canvas course) and then add the students/faculty as needed. In addition, here's some additional information on groups and clubs in Canvas - Paper Pumpkin - Campus Clubs and Groups 

Hope this helps!

Kona

View solution in original post

ptucker1
Community Member

Good Afternoon Kona,

The teacher very much appreciated your instructions. She did have one further questions regarding the group. Have you been able to determine a way to add "To Do" items or similar to assignments to within your group?  Supposedly similar to how a teacher creates the assignments for students to see and completed.  Thank you for your further insight.  Penny