Creating a Practice Course

Jump to solution
duketa
Community Member

Creating a Practice Course

When creating my practice course, I click on courses on the vertical bar.  Instead of All Courses, it says Sandbox. Do I use that to create my practice course?

0 Likes
1 Solution
buchsw
Community Novice

Good evening, Teresa! Thanks for adding your question to the Canvas Community.

As far as a short answer, yes, I would naturally assume that you would use that Sandbox course to "play around" in and try things out. A good best practice for an organization would be to mass create Sandbox courses for their users, and then those users have their each area to practice and hone their Canvas skills.

You might be able to create your own Sandbox, as well, depending on organizational permissions. Typically on your Dashboard, at the top-right of the page, you might see the "Start a New Course" button. If you do, you can use that to build your own Sandbox.

For starters, before you do anything else, I would reach out to a Canvas admin in your organization to determine if they set that Sandbox course up for you already; depending on their answer you can either use that course or possibly create your own.

I hope that this answer helps - if you need anything else, please feel free to ask. Thanks, Teresa...have a great week!

View solution in original post

0 Likes