cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
may027
Surveyor II

Creating a question in "new quiz"

When I try to add a question in a "new quiz", I have to click 4 (four) times in the text entry box before I can start typing. One click and "add question stem" disappears. No editing tools available. Second click and editing tools appear and "add question stem" is back. Third click and "add question stem" disappears but no text insertion cursor. Fourth click is a charm. Cursor appears and I can finally start typing.

For this reason alone, I won't be using "new quizzes" but is anyone else having this issue and am I clicking wrong?

MacOS, Mojave, Safari 13.0.5 (don't ask me to upgrade Safari; I am afraid it will make the image issue worse).

Tags (2)
2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @may027 ...

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with New Quizzes.  Typically upgrading browsers won't make things worse.  Keeping your browser up-to-date is actually a good idea.  But, have you considered downloading a different browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox?  Those two browsers work best when navigating around the Canvas environment.  And, if one of those browsers still does not work for you, try downloading the other one to see if you get different results.  Here's a Guide with more information: What are the browser and computer requirements for Canvas?‌.

I hope these resources will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this.  Thanks...be well...stay safe.

One reason I have not updated (in the middle of my class) is that supposedly Safari 13.1.0 exacerbates the "images fail to display" problem in quizzes. So I am not so sure it wouldn't make things worse.

Of course, I have used those other browsers in the past but much prefer Safari in my workflow. My point was that there are these issues in my environment.  I do recommend Chrome or Firefox to my students and have posted that Guide link you mention.