cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slh73
Community Member

Creating discussion on behalf of the instructor

Jump to solution

I am creating a course in Canvas on behalf of an instructor. When I create the discussion forums my profile image and link is on the top of the page.  Is there a way to create the discussion "on behalf" of the instructor so that it appears they created it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James
Navigator

@slh73 

You cannot do this without the ability to masquerade or act as the teacher.

What you can do is create it in a sandbox or another course and then copy or import the discussion into the real course. That will get rid of the author information completely. In my experience, most students are not bothered that the instructor's avatar and name are not there.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
James
Navigator

@slh73 

You cannot do this without the ability to masquerade or act as the teacher.

What you can do is create it in a sandbox or another course and then copy or import the discussion into the real course. That will get rid of the author information completely. In my experience, most students are not bothered that the instructor's avatar and name are not there.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @slh73 ...

I completely agree with  @James ‌ on this one.  I frequently build courses for our instructors in "master" courses (what James referred to as "sandbox"), and once I have completed the course build, they can then import course content from the "master" course out to their Spring, Summer, or Fall course.  My name will not carry over from the discussion topics I created in the "master" courses to the actual courses.