cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbeem
Surveyor

Creating quick links

How can I create my own quick links or 'buttons' for my home page?  I created some buttons in Google Drawing, but am unable to copy/paste them on the home page.  

Also, once the buttons are there, how do I link them?

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @jbeem ...

Each of your buttons from Google Drawing will need to be saved as its own image (I've never used Google Drawing, so I'm not sure how to do this.) Once you have saved each of these buttons as images (such as *.jpg, *.gif, or *.png files), then you'll want to upload those images to your course.  You cannot just copy/paste the images straight from Google Drawning into the Canvas RCE (Rich Content Editor).  How do I embed images from Canvas into the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?   or How do I insert course images into the Rich Content Editor using the Content Selector as an instruct...  Once the images have been uploaded and placed on your page where you want them, you should be able to click on the buttons to highlight them and then make a link to wherever you want...similar to creating a hyperlink on a page.

I hope these resources will help out a bit.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.