cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbie_verdega1
Surveyor

Cross-link with student submissions

I need to cross-link a teachers courses AFTER students have already submitted assignments. I tried course export, but now its saying I don't have permissions to access the link of the export. I am set as a designer on this course. Thank you for your help! Also, if I've already cross-listed and may have lost student work, is there a way to get it back? I'm afraid I already know the answer to that one...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @bobbie_verdega1 ...

Cross-listing courses moves enrollments (not content) from one course to another.  So, if you want to cross-list two courses (A and B) together, you can set it up so that all enrollments from course B get fed into course A (or vice versa) following the directions in this Guide: How do I cross-list a section in a course as an instructor?  However, if students have submitted work in a course before it was cross-listed, I do not believe that the submitted work would carry over.  If the two courses were already cross-listed, the only way (I think) to get that student work back is to de-cross-list the courses.  How do I de-cross-list a section in a course as an instructor?  This would move the enrollments back to their original courses prior to the cross-list.

I hope this will help a bit, Bobbie.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.