cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor II

Crossed Out Eyeball keeps coming back!

Jump to solution

I have already posted the assignment grades, yet I keep getting the crossed out eyeball showing up again, on multiple assignments I have already posted! Anyone else have this happening, and does this mean that the students can no longer view the grades for those assignments on their end?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @watsokk 

It is very likely that you have set a grade posting policy for the course, or even just for those particular assignments.

These guides should help...........

Posting policies can be tricksie until you are used to them!

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @watsokk 

It is very likely that you have set a grade posting policy for the course, or even just for those particular assignments.

These guides should help...........

Posting policies can be tricksie until you are used to them!

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Yes, I understand the grade posting policies. I have posted grades, then they eyeball disappears. The next day, they eyeball shows up again. Why? I thought once we post all grades, they eyeball is supposed to be gone forever. The problem I have is that it keeps reappearing! All of my 1st quarter assignments also have the eyeball next to them, and those have been posted for a long time!

I have determined it is a glitch in Canvas. I know how to post grades. I know how to hid grades. I know how to set grading policies. 

I post the grades, the eyeball disappears. 

Then randomly, some assignments get they eyeball popping up next to them again. I never hid the grades, I did nothing else. I repost the grades. The eyeball goes away. 

A few days later, the eyeball reappears on different assignments. 

This is what I am talking about.