cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CClaycomb
Surveyor

Current Notifications sent from speed-grader

I am an instructor and use the Comments in speedgrader to direct students to make corrections to a particular assignment. These show up on their home page under Current Feedback. I have 2 questions:

1)  Is there a setting that would allow students to check off/close these items after they have read it.

2) Is there a setting that would give me notifications when a student responds or make a comment on an assignment?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @CClaycomb ...

I can help answer your second question.  Yes, this can be configured in your Notifications screen within Canvas.  Take a look at this Guide: How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an instructor?.  Specifically, there is a row on your Notifications screen for "Submission Comment".  If you hover your mouse over "Submission Comment", you'll see a short description of "Assignment submission comment".  You can choose how you want to get notified about those comments you get from students.  Further, you can now turn it on/off per course.  How do I manage notifications for a single course as an instructor?.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.