Custom course homepage keeps reseting to default list of modules.

Jump to solution
klaplant
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I'm quite new to Canvas so I apologize if this question has already been answered elsewhere. I am working in a course shell to familiarize myself with the content and tried to create a custom homepage that my students will see when they log-in instead of a list of modules (default at my institution). All of the content is published, the modules are linked to special icons on the homepage, and I have also selected my desired "front page" in the pages menu. Once I publish the course itself and click "Home" everything looks great. But when I click through the homepage links that take me to the modules, and try to return to the homepage again, the homepage resets to the default list of modules. The same thing happens in student view and also in my regular courses set up by my institution. "Choose Course Home Page" is not visible in the Home Page sidebar either, so I have to manually reset the "pages front page" option through the "Course Setup Checklist" but then everything resets again... Do I need to change something in the Global Settings section? Sorry for the lengthy post, I hope the community can understand my question! Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi Kaplant

This guide will get you there. Check near the bottom of the guide where it describes how to set your Canvas course so that you Front Page is now the Home page.

How do I set a Front Page for a course?

Essentially............

• Go to Home,
  • Click "Choose Home Page" on the right-side menu,
  • Then click "Pages, Front Page"

Bada boom, bada bing you are there!

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes