Cut off time for students to sign up for appointments/reminders

draglan
Community Novice

Hello, 

This is a very trivial and slightly petty item but it occurs a lot in my classes, especially online, so I've been pushed to inquire. 

I absolutely hate when students sign up for office hours at the last minute. For instance, I had a student student sign up for a 3:30pm appointment today at 3:29pm. Which I wouldn't have known if I hadn't checked my e-mail. Thank goodness for notifications. I wish there was a way to force students to sign up for office hours by a cutoff time. Example: for the student above, if they did not sign up 12 hrs in advance, they wouldn't not be allowed to. Even 1 hr in advance would help! Is there something I'm over looking. 

Similarly, is there a way to send automatic reminders to students about assignment deadlines. Now that we're online, I'm finding that I have to constantly remind students to complete the assignments before they lock. For instance, if the assignment deadline is 9pm, is there a way to send preset reminders at different intervals? I currently message all the students who haven't submitted via the grade book whenever I can remember. 

Any help is good help. My apologies if this comes across whiny. My classes are large, I'll take all the automation I can get. 

0 Likes