Highlighted
Community Member

Daily Assignment Lockout

My classes are in the Central Time Zone and I have begun to get complaints from my students that their Daily Assignments are locking them out 1 hour early.  What's up with this???

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor II

Hi Alicia,

I would recommend reviewing your assignments and ensure that you don't see Local & Course when setting due dates. If you are seeing this this means that your local profile time zone is different than the course time zone and this could be causing the issue. 

Below are two screen shots. The first one shows what I am talking about if your time zone is different than the course.s The second screen shot is what it will look like if your time zone is the same as the course. 

311723_pastedImage_1.png

311724_pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hello, alicia.tabbara@remingtoncollege.edu‌.

It looks like your school has some campuses in the Eastern time zone. (Remington College | 15 Convenient Locations Plus Online Programs)

Your students in the East (or any other time zone, really) should update their Canvas user settings reflect their correct time zone. This will ensure that Canvas converts the times to their time zone. (How do I set a time zone in my user account as a student?)

Best regards,

Nelson