cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer III

Dashboard is stuck on Recent Activity

I have a teacher who has the recent activity look to his dashboard every time he logs in.  I read that the card view is by default, but I don't see that there is anyway to "unstick" his dashboard so that it doesn't default to recent activity.  Thoughts?

6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi belinda.stutzman@wayzata.k12.mn.us - The instructor has to click on the little 3 dots for changing options.  There is screen capture under the Change Dashboard View heading on this document: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12892-4152719656 

Hope this helps!

Highlighted

He does that, but when he goes back to the course, it has defaulted to Recent Activity view again.  It just started doing this and that's the problem.  We can't figure out how to default back to card view.

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

That's a bit strange, Belinda. I admit I don't think I've seen that behavior before; it should "stick" for the user. You may want to submit a case to Canvas Support, but if it's just happening for one user, that sounds like some setting on his end. For what it's worth, has he tried clearing the browser cache, closing the browser, and then logging in again?

Highlighted

I will have him try that.  I don't think that will matter though because when I log in as him from my machine, the same thing happens.  I will submit a case.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Recently had an instructor approach me with the same issue. I contacted Canvas Support via chat, they escalated it to a support engineer who had it corrected in less than an hour. Not sure what the fix is/was but certainly something that needs to brought to the attention of Canvas if you see/hear about it!

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, belinda.stutzman@wayzata.k12.mn.us...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since March 22, 2018.  Have you and your instructor been able to find a solution to this issue with the "Recent Activity"?  Is this still an on-going issue that you are experiencing?  Did you reach out to the Help Desk staff at Instructure to see if they could assist?  If so, what was the outcome of that conversation?  If you could please come back to this topic to provide us with an update, that would be helpful.  Since we've not had any new activity in this thread for over four months, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered".  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Belinda.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels