Highlighted
Community Member

Dashboard not showing or classes

I open canvas on my macbook and no dashboard is popping up, it is just blank and I do not know what to do! Also, when I click on a class I cannot see the information. Help please 

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Hello arguello_k04023@utpb.edu !

Welcome to Canvas Community (:

I know right now there is some issues with Canvas( not official yet, but I'm hearing multiple users reporting the same issue)

Be patient, and try some of the fixes down below

I recommend to some of my students to use Mozilla Firefox to be able to view content in Canvas

Which browsers does Canvas support? 

If you can't see your classes in the dashboard you can try checking ALL COURSES in the global navigation to see if the courses are published.

How do I customize my Courses list as a student? 

If you're experiences technical difficulties with Canvas itself I'd recommend checking the compatibility of your device here 

What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas? 

If none of this works I would reach out to Canvas Support so they can help you resolve this issue

(How do I get help with Canvas as a student? or How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?  )

I hope I was able to provide a resolution to your issue!

Let me know if you need further help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lamplighter

arguello_k04023@utpb.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community! jluna16@student.mtsac.edu‌ has provided some excellent troubleshooting tips, and I suspect that updating your browser to a supported version will quickly resolve your issue. Keep in mind that if you're using Safari on your Mac, you'll first need to update the MacOS, at which point Safari will also update to the most recent version. You could instead try switching to a current version of Chrome or Firefox, both of which work quite well with Canvas on a Mac.

If updating the browser doesn't resolve the issue, please ask Canvas Support for additional assistance (How do I get help with Canvas as a student? )

One point of clarification for anyone coming across this conversation:

I know right now there is some issues with Canvas (not official yet, but I'm hearing multiple users reporting the same issue)

Whenever there are widespread issues affecting Canvas users will find them listed at Instructure Status , and we also post certain widespread current issues to Canvas Current Issues once they have been confirmed by support. 

Highlighted
Explorer II

Also, to check your browser, visit What is my Browser and it will tell you your browser and your OS!

I used it on my home Mac and my Safari was up-to-date though I was still on Mojave OS. For me at work, it's: Firefox 72 on Windows 10.

334929_pastedImage_1.png

Hope this advice helps,
Cheers - Shar

0 Kudos