cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

Dashboard reminder says to grade a quiz that's already graded. Then won't let me re-grade it.

My dashboard reminder list says there's a quiz in one of my classes that needs to be graded. This makes no sense for 2 reasons: 1. It's already graded via Speedgrader, so I shouldn't have to open and grade it at all, and 2. When I open it, the grade box is shadowed and unable to change the grade.

The only reason I can think of that this is happening is that I manually changed the Speedgrader grade on the gradebook view to add extra credit points. The student then re-took the quiz. The retake grade did not exceed the extra credit grade I had manually added to the gradebook.

Now the reminder to grade this ungradable quiz will not go away.

How do I get rid of this reminder?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Coach
Community Coach

Interesting; I bet you are right about the re-submission.  Regardless of the extra credit points added to the first submission, after a re-submission it's likely going to remind you to grade it until you do grade any questions in that submission, or update the score.  I think from the Dashboard you click click the X to the right of the reminder and it will go away; at least until there is another submission.  I'd be inclined to do that as long as you are seeing the grade you want to see in the Grades view for this student's quiz attempt.

Rick