cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maske
Community Member

Deactivate User

Jump to solution

Does deactivating a user remove their submissions from a the course?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @maske ‌

We do currently use that feature, and yes students submissions and accompanying grades do disappear from the course when their enrollment is inactivated, but all returns when the student is reactivated.

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post

4 Replies
tdelillo
Community Member

Deactivating enrollments (How do I deactivate an enrollment in a course?) will not wipe out the person's activity in the course (or delete submissions). Re-activating their enrollment puts everything back to normal.

Of course, you may be wondering whether the person's submissions/activity will be visible to a teacher or admin while the enrollment is deactivated, and I can't answer that for certain since my institution doesn't use this feature.

Hi,

Can we deactivate the whole account but not deleting , or not just deactivate the enrollment inside each class?

tdelillo
Community Member

The deactivate option is only at the course level. There is a feature idea that is on the product radar, to make this an account-level option: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/7427-disabledeactive-user-at-account-level 

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @maske ‌

We do currently use that feature, and yes students submissions and accompanying grades do disappear from the course when their enrollment is inactivated, but all returns when the student is reactivated.

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post