cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
corinne_rowland
Surveyor II

Default Text Size

Why is the default size for text in Canvas at 20PX, and for other Canvas accounts at the same institution it's 12PT? For those who have the default at 20PX, when they try to edit existing text, there are no options for PX, it reverts to PT sizes? 20 PX is comparable to a 14.5 PT.
Also, is there a way to increase the default to at least 14PT at the account level or does that depend on the browser?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @corinne_rowland ...

I'm not sure I have an answer for you, but it does sound strange that the default font size is 20pt for some areas within your Canvas environment.  Could you share a screenshot or two (no student data) of where you are seeing a default font size of 20pt?  For us, the default has been 12pt, and I'm struggling to think of other areas where it would be larger than that.  Also, I am not sure if this is even possible, but I wonder if your school's local Canvas admin or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department somehow programmed a default font size for you and others at your school?  This would be a question you'd need to ask people at your school, though.

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.  Take care...be well.