cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Default background color

Jump to solution

Is there a way I can change the background color on the Home page?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon, lms09130@vsc.edu Thank You for posting your question.  I'm not sure that you can set an entire page's background color at all.  I tried using some HTML code, to set the background color, but Canvas stripped out that code (there is a HTML whitelist that includes acceptable HTML tags...as not all HTML is allowed in Canvas).

Though I believe that kelley.meeusen@cptc.edu would tell you that tables are not accessible and should only be used to hold data (for example, displaying quantity and size of prouducts), one work-around would be to create a single-celled table with a background color of your choice...using code similar to this:

<table style="width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse; background-color: #ba2c42;" border="1">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="width: 100%;"></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

Whatever color you choose, however, you are going to want to make sure that your page is still accessible to all users...so making sure that you aren't using colors that clash or have unacceptable color contrast ratios.  Personally, I would recommend staying with a white background, but there may be reasons why you'd want some color behind your content.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Lynn.  Please let Community members know if you have any additional questions about this information.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon, lms09130@vsc.edu Thank You for posting your question.  I'm not sure that you can set an entire page's background color at all.  I tried using some HTML code, to set the background color, but Canvas stripped out that code (there is a HTML whitelist that includes acceptable HTML tags...as not all HTML is allowed in Canvas).

Though I believe that kelley.meeusen@cptc.edu would tell you that tables are not accessible and should only be used to hold data (for example, displaying quantity and size of prouducts), one work-around would be to create a single-celled table with a background color of your choice...using code similar to this:

<table style="width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse; background-color: #ba2c42;" border="1">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="width: 100%;"></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

Whatever color you choose, however, you are going to want to make sure that your page is still accessible to all users...so making sure that you aren't using colors that clash or have unacceptable color contrast ratios.  Personally, I would recommend staying with a white background, but there may be reasons why you'd want some color behind your content.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Lynn.  Please let Community members know if you have any additional questions about this information.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Labels