cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor II

Delete Multiple Folders

Jump to solution

Is there any way to delete multiple folders in Files? I have an instructor that has 40+ folders and wants to delete them more efficiently than one at a time.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi jcox@yorktown.k12.in.us -

Yes; you can do it the same way that one can on most file managers in computers.  In the Files area of a course site, if you select a folder by clicking anywhere there is not text (so as to not open it!) and then hold down SHIFT while selecting the last folder in a list, you can select multiple folders for deletion.  You can also use the CTRL (Command on a Mac)-click technique to select non-contiguous folders.  Once they are selected, just click the trash icon on top.  Below is a quick screen capture that I did on a sample course:

Selecting multiple folders

I hope this helps, Jo!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi jcox@yorktown.k12.in.us -

Yes; you can do it the same way that one can on most file managers in computers.  In the Files area of a course site, if you select a folder by clicking anywhere there is not text (so as to not open it!) and then hold down SHIFT while selecting the last folder in a list, you can select multiple folders for deletion.  You can also use the CTRL (Command on a Mac)-click technique to select non-contiguous folders.  Once they are selected, just click the trash icon on top.  Below is a quick screen capture that I did on a sample course:

Selecting multiple folders

I hope this helps, Jo!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I see the view you are showing now. Inside the course I do not get the same menu, but in the Files menu from Course navigation I see where I can select multiple folders. Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Glad I could help, Jo!  (Sorry I didn't see your first reply....I was giving a Canvas workshop! 🙂  )

Highlighted
Surveyor II

276340_Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 10.37.35 AM.png

This is view I get with my MacBook in the Files menu. When I select the About Me folder, I do not get a Trash Can to delete the folder. When I hold down, Shift, or Control (or any other key) I cannot select multiple folders. Is this different on the Mac?