cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcandelaria
Surveyor

Delete Option Within Discussions, etc.

In areas such as Discussions for example, when an instructor clicks on options, several options show up in a list.  Delete tends to be near the top of the list.  For Discussions, I see in this order: Mark all as read, Delete, Speedgrader, then several other options.  In more than one occasion, I have accidentally clicked on Delete when meaning to click on one of the other two listed above.  This is very frustrating and I think an easy fix is for Canvas to always put the Delete option last within a list.  It seems like an obvious and intuitive thing to me.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @dcandelaria ...

This sounds like a good candidate to be submitted as a Feature Idea here in the Community.  Would you be willing to submit this so that it could be evaluated by others here in the Community?  Click on the PRODUCT menu from any screen here in the Community, and then select IDEA CONVERSATIONS.  Then, on the screen that appears, click on "Suggest and idea".  Here are a few other Guides to get you started:

I hope this will help a bit.  Sing out if you have any question about this...thanks!  Take care...be well.

dcandelaria
Surveyor

Frustrating, I just posted a reply then it said I was not signed in.  Now I have to do it all over again.

No, the problem is not solved yet.  I just checked a discussion board and Delete is still second on the list of seven options.  I did post it in the Suggest an Idea area right after you asked me to and several other teachers have commented on it saying they agree with me.

Good evening, @dcandelaria ...

"No, the problem is not solved yet.  I just checked a discussion board and Delete is still second on the list of seven options."

It would be great if Instructure (the company that makes Canvas) could implement all of our Feature Ideas here in the Community.  Unfortunately, that's not always going to be the case.  Since you just posted this Feature Idea on April 14, 2021 (linked at Delete Option Within Discussions, etc. - Canvas Community), you'll need to give it some time so that more people can evaluate it and provide their own feedback/use cases, etc.  The Community is only one of several ways that Instructure gets feedback from Canvas users on what we'd like to see within Canvas.  I would encourage you to review these two links again...as I think it will provide you with good insights on how feedback is gathered and how our ideas are developed.

Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks.  Be well.