cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gophoebe
Surveyor

Delete duplicate outcomes within a course

An outcome was accidentally imported twice into the same course, so it is listed twice. It was then used to assess a student. Is there a way to delete one of the duplicate listings of the outcome to avoid confusion? I have admin access, but don't seem to be able to.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @gophoebe ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I am sad to see that your question has been sitting here unanswered since late August 2018.  It seems that you may have stumped the Community with your question.  I wanted to check in with you to see if you've been able to find an answer on your own since you first posted this question back in August.  If so would you be willing to share what you've learned back here in this topic?  Or, if you are still looking for some help from Community members, could you please let us know that as well?  The only thing I can think of to share with you is this Guide: How do I edit or delete an outcome in a course?, but you may have tried this already.  In addition, I don't know if you can delete an outcome after it's been used for assessing a student.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've necessarily found an answer for you...but more because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since August 23, 2018.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are relate to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Phoebe.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your follow up. I don't believe I ever did figure this out.

Phoebe

mmckinley1
Surveyor

Trying to answer this for another teacher - is there a way to prevent an outcome from duplicating again.  It has the same names in the outcomes but a different name when looking at the student work.