Delete individual Zoom recordings in Canvas

Jump to solution
dsw13
Community Member

It is straightforward to delete an entire cloud recording from the list of cloud recordings in Canvas.  There's a box for that.  But sometimes there are multiple individual recording files under a single cloud recording entry.  Is it possible to delete some of these files individually?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @dsw13 ...

As far as I know, there isn't a way to delete the individual files for a recorded Zoom session?  Is there a reason you'd want to delete those files?  When you click on a Zoom recording, you may see up to four different files:

• *.mp4 file (video recording)
  • *.m4a file (audio recording)
  • *.vtt file (closed captioned transcript)
  • *.txt file (chat interface transcript)

Those files may be useful to others, so I would recommend keeping them as part of your overall Zoom recording...in case you or your students would need them for some reason.

I hope this helps.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

Hello @zcburns and @dsw13 ...

I stand corrected...and I love it when I can be wrong...so thank you for pointing this out.  I just tried setting up a short Zoom session via our Zoom Pro LTI integration in Canvas.  I recorded the session.  Then, I logged into my Zoom account on Zoom's website.  I went to my Recordings, accessed the recorded session, and I was able to hover over each of the files (shown in my screen shot) to either download the file, share the link, or delete the file.

ZoomRecording.jpg

Thanks again for mentioning this.  Hope it will be of help to others, too!  Take care...

View solution in original post