cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charles_close
Community Member

Deleted Accidently

Jump to solution

Can I restore a quiz and its results that I accidentally deleted?

Charlie 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

The results came back when I waited a bit.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Steve_Watts
Adventurer

Hi Charlie and welcome to the Canvas Community
There is an undelete function in Canvas but not many people know about it. Go to the homepage of the course and add /undelete to the end of the URL in your browser's address bar. It will look something like this: YourCollege.instructure.com/courses/123456/undelete
This will display a list of all the course content that has been deleted recently. You should be able to find your quiz there and restore it. Hopefully this will also bring back any student submissions.

Thanks. I did try this and the quiz was restored but the results from the students were not.

Charlie

Hello charles.close Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  I'm sorry to see that the /undelete trick didn't fully help to resolve your issue.  (By the way, the instructions that  @Steve_Watts  provided can also be found in a blog by  @hollands ‌ called Undeleting things in Canvas‌.)  I would recommend that you reach out to Canvas Support to see if they might be able to further help you retrieve those quiz results from your students.  To do this, click on the "Help" button in the global navigation menu on the left hand side of your Canvas environment.  More information can be found here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12877-4152719652  I hope this information is helpful to you, Charlie.

The results came back when I waited a bit.

View solution in original post