Deleting / selecting multiple conversations at one time

Jump to solution
jpallotta
Community Explorer

Is there a way to select/ delete all of the conversations in my archived / sent / inbox at one time, rather than needing to "click" every message and then delete?

In other-words, emails and such have an option to click the first message, hold shift, and then click the last message; all messages are then highlighted / selected, thus allowing me to click "delete" and all messages are gone in one click.  OR is there a delete all option, like when you empty an email folder / trashcan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Bobby2
Community Champion

HI @jpallotta it appears that you can.

To select multiple messages to delete, click the message checkbox or press the command key (Mac) or the control key (Windows) while clicking each message you want to select. You can also click the checkbox or use the same keyboard command to deselect a message.

To select all messages, press the command + A keys (Mac) or the control + A keys (Windows).

To select a range of messages, click the first message you want to select, hold down the Shift key, and then click the last message you want to select. All messages between the first and the last messages will be selected. 

Here's the guide that came from in case you need any extra information. 

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-delete-a-conversation-as-an-instructor/...

Sing out  if you need a hand. 

View solution in original post