cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Deleting the Test Student from a Course

Jump to solution

Is there anyway of deleting the Test Student in a Canvas course? I have a teacher who is very annoyed by this. She says that every time she uses SpeedGrader, the Test Student shows up and it bothers her. I told her I thought she would just have to live with it. But if I am wrong, is there someone out there that can tell me how to tell this teacher to delete the Test Student? As always, thanks.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

mhinojosa@dsdmail.net,

This answer is courtesy of chofer@morainepark.edu‌:

"I'm not sure if you'll be able to do this as an instructor...so if you can't, please reach out to an admin at your school who works with Canvas on a daily basis.  In order to remove the "Test Student" from the Gradebook, go to Settings, and then click on the Sections tab.  Next, click on the section number that is listed under the Course Sections heading.  Under the Current Enrollments heading, you should see Student, Test with a really long string of characters (numbers and letters).  This is the "Test Student" that you will want to remove.  Move your mouse over this account, and there should be a red "X" for you to click on to remove it.  (Again, if you don't see this, speak to an admin at your school.)  Be aware, though, that if you ever use the Student View button (via Settings) again, this will show back up, and you'd have to remove it if you don't want to see it any more."

Robbie

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

mhinojosa@dsdmail.net,

This answer is courtesy of chofer@morainepark.edu‌:

"I'm not sure if you'll be able to do this as an instructor...so if you can't, please reach out to an admin at your school who works with Canvas on a daily basis.  In order to remove the "Test Student" from the Gradebook, go to Settings, and then click on the Sections tab.  Next, click on the section number that is listed under the Course Sections heading.  Under the Current Enrollments heading, you should see Student, Test with a really long string of characters (numbers and letters).  This is the "Test Student" that you will want to remove.  Move your mouse over this account, and there should be a red "X" for you to click on to remove it.  (Again, if you don't see this, speak to an admin at your school.)  Be aware, though, that if you ever use the Student View button (via Settings) again, this will show back up, and you'd have to remove it if you don't want to see it any more."

Robbie

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks Robbie. I will send this on to my teacher.

Michele Hinojosa