cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Design Feature

Jump to solution

How do I build in the view/read feature for students?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

sonia.ross@top.ic.edu.sa, greetings! I’m not exactly sure I understand what you are wanting. Do you want students to have had to read or viewed something before they progress in your class or do you just want to see if they have viewed/read something?

If this is the type of thing you are wanting then Requirements and Prerequisites would be the way to go. The following information can help explain more of how this would work. 

How do I add requirements to a module? (This is what you set up first)

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13092-415241433 (This is what you can use to keep students from progressing if they haven’t met a requirement - so can be used second if desired)

Help Students Monitor their Course Progress‌ (This is how I use Requirements in my class and it works really well) 

Hope all of this helps!

Kona

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Community Coach
Community Coach

sonia.ross@top.ic.edu.sa, greetings! I’m not exactly sure I understand what you are wanting. Do you want students to have had to read or viewed something before they progress in your class or do you just want to see if they have viewed/read something?

If this is the type of thing you are wanting then Requirements and Prerequisites would be the way to go. The following information can help explain more of how this would work. 

How do I add requirements to a module? (This is what you set up first)

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13092-415241433 (This is what you can use to keep students from progressing if they haven’t met a requirement - so can be used second if desired)

Help Students Monitor their Course Progress‌ (This is how I use Requirements in my class and it works really well) 

Hope all of this helps!

Kona

View solution in original post