Did You Put Wording In Your Syllabus About Using Lockdown Browser?

Jump to solution
natsmy
Community Explorer

This will be the first "official" time I will be using lockdown browser with webcam in one of my classes due to a flex modality.  Have any of you put wording directly in your syllabus regarding the lockdown browser, and if so, what did you say other than the obvious, you're going to use it?  I would love to see some samples if you don't mind sharing  TIA!

1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @natsmy 

I do not personally use the RLDB, but was the Canvas Admin at a school that used it for years. We required that our faculty do the following.....

• Describe the use of the RLDB in your course syllabus, and include at a minimum the following,
    • What is the RLDB,
    • How it will be used,
    • Why it will be used,
    • Detailed instructions for students to download the RLDB on their own devices,
    • Detailed instructions on how students can get RLDB support.
  • Repeat the information and those instructions in your course's introductory materials,
  • Provide a required non-scoring practice quiz that uses RLDB,
  • Provide detailed instructions on where and how your students can obtain support for use of the RLDB.

The RLDB is a great tool, easy for students and easy for faculty. It doesn't hurt that it is also reasonably priced; but none of that will do any good if it is not implemented correctly at your school and in your courses, so I appreciate your asking for help to do it right.

Best wishes,

Kelley

View solution in original post