cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amorriso
Surveyor II

Did to-do list counts in the Teacher app change recently?

Jump to solution

I was checking my to-do list this morning in the iOS Teacher app when I saw that I only had 16 items in the to-do list.  I thought that was odd since last night there were 142 items in the to-do list.  I was hopeful that a magical grading wizard had waved a wand over the ipad and graded 126 items while I slept, but looking closer it seems that there are 16 assignments to grade, each having multiple submissions.  

Did the way to-do lists are counted change recently?  I would prefer the way it used to work, if there is a way I can change it back.  Thanks!

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
5 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
westukiah
Surveyor

Same issue here.  Mine has the additional bug/feature that after the update, it is showing two assignments from a different course last semester that have zero left to grade!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi! I'm sorry for all of the frustrations. 😕

Regarding the "counts", the Mobile Team has considered this a bug and has a fix ready to be released. The tried-and-true "number of items to grade/review" will replace the "number of assignments with ungraded items" soon.

@rtriana - I know this can be really frustrating. I wonder what about the Canvas Teacher update caused this change. The Community Coaches (myself included) are looking into the issue. We've bookmarked this and other threads with this question and will do our very best to update everyone once we learn more about the situation.

0 Kudos

I noticed this feature is still in the iPhone app, so my assumption is this is an issue specific to the iPad that will be fixed. 

0 Kudos
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@amorriso 

Canvas Teacher 1.12.1 was just released with a possible fix for this issue. Can you try out this update and see if it fixes this issue? 

0 Kudos
13 Replies
carladanks
Surveyor

I am having the same issue since yesterday.  I also cannot move to the next student to grade work without clicking "DONE" and then reloading the class. Grading takes so much more time and it is certainly not an improvement.  Please someone fix this!  I am using an ipad and the Canvas teacher app.

amorriso
Surveyor II

Oh...I see that the Canvas Teacher app updated and introduced all these new issues.  The iOS app store reviews for the app are filled with recent 1-star reviews detailing the complaints.  I guess my app only updated yesterday.

rtriana
Surveyor

Same here!  The update is a nightmare.  The counts are not helpful. Grading is so much more work -- not only do you have to open each assignment from the list but previously I could tap on the grade bar and it would move to that point, now you have to either slide on the bar or use the + to type in a grade. I need the old version back or this mess fixed ASAP!

SteveK
Surveyor II

Add me to the list. The counter is broken. Additionally, the annotation tools changed color to red, and now after annotating a student's work and assigning a grade, I have mark "Done" and re-enter the assignment. If I don't add an annotation, then I can swipe to the next student. With several assignments backing up, and midterms coming, this is a real mess.

I found I could swipe after adding an annotation by turning off the pen in speedgrader.  That is, I'm using the pen mode to write an annotation with my Apple pencil, but to swipe to the next student I have to turn off the pen annotation tool in speedgrader first.  Then I can swipe.  It's annoying, but not a complete deal breaker.

I also noticed that the counter is now reporting and counting assignment groups rather than the total number of  individual assignments within those groups...

@amorriso - I feel this question is close to yours. I'd follow that one thread too. 🙂

Swipe and touch disappeared - Canvas Community

westukiah
Surveyor

Same issue here.  Mine has the additional bug/feature that after the update, it is showing two assignments from a different course last semester that have zero left to grade!

0 Kudos
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi! I'm sorry for all of the frustrations. 😕

Regarding the "counts", the Mobile Team has considered this a bug and has a fix ready to be released. The tried-and-true "number of items to grade/review" will replace the "number of assignments with ungraded items" soon.