cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Difference in borders?

I've been building MANY tables in Canvas recently and noticed a few things.

1. If I build it in Chrome and put the borders of the table as white, the borders show up in IE.  Why?

2. What is the difference between borders being hidden and no borders?

3 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @9927744  

Although I really don't know, I suspect it is a difference in how the two browsers render the code. IE is notoriously finicky when it comes to Canvas, and we never recommend that our users use it or Edge. We see too many of those weird hinky little sillinesses!  Pardon my technical jargon.

Were you able to adjust the border colors in IE?  If you adjusted the borders colors in IE, did they persist when you went back to Chrome - inquiring minds need the rest of the story!

Kelley

Community Member

I was able to fix them in IE; I had to make them hidden.  None NOR having white borders kept them from showing -- just hidden.  I'm now noticing a problem with videos loading in IE.  (I'm practicing with IE, Edge and Chrome in case the students I'm making this for have either.)

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @9927744 ...

I am reviewing older questions here in the Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that there hasn't been much activity in this topic since late March 2019.  In reviewing your question, Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser when navigating around the Canvas environment.  Please see Which browsers does Canvas support?‌ for a list of supported browsers.

Regarding your table...  what kind of information are you including in your table?  There are some accessibility considerations to keep in mind as you work with tables.  Here are a few resources for you:

Also, I wanted to let you know that I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because there hasn't been much activity in this topic recently.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you.  If you feel that  @kmeeusen ‌'s feedback has helped to answer your question, please feel free to click the "Mark Correct" button next to his response.

I hope these resources will be of help to you, Jennifer.  Please sing out if you have any questions...thanks!