cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alarrison
Surveyor

Disable Feature?

I have a page in the navigation bar that is specifically for me, the instructor. When I disable it, I can no longer click on it or use it without enabling it again. However, other pages are disabled and I still have access to them. Does anyone know how to use a prevent students from seeing a page in their side bar at the same time I can use it? Thank you.

3 Replies
abunag
Surveyor

do you mean a button in the left sidebar, like "grades", "assignments", etc, or are you talking about an actual content page?  Is the page native Canvas or added in via an LTI/API/CSS?

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi alarrison‌ ~ It's been a while since there has been activity on this thread, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to check-in! How are things going with your course? If you're still having some trouble with the navigation, please answer the questions that  @abunag ‌ asked above so the Canvas Community can help you! We're looking forward to hearing from you. Smiley Happy

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi alarrison...

Another Coach here wanting to check in with you...  Have you had an opportunity to review the reply from  @abunag  yet?  We'd like to hear from you, so if you could come back to this thread to post an update for all of us, that would be great!  For now, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not necessarily because an answer has been given...but because we've not heard from you for several months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions/comments below.  I hope that's okay with you, Abigail.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon!