Disappearing Grades - help

Jump to solution
j9gerz
Community Novice

I am posting grades to canvas - do it every time I grade something, of course, so I'm not new at this.  I am having terrible trouble trying to keep the grades in the boxes.  I pull up the work, read it, grade it, comment on it,  and then post the grade.  I go on, and five minutes later the grade has disappeared.  This is happening multiple times!  This is not the first time. I have tried different ways of recording the grades - manually inputting, clicking on the pull down list of grades, putting it in the speed grader box and submitting.  It doesn't matter which method I use, the grades are there and then they aren't.  I have often had to input the same grade 4 or 5 times before it 'sticks'.  Any ideas?  I click return.  I click on the grade two or three times.  I have tried everything. This is getting to be very frustrating.  I have more than enough to do without worrying about disappearing grades. 

Any ideas?  

Janine 

0 Likes
1 Solution
jehernan
Community Novice

I too had this happen. I called my campus IT person who helped me fix it. In the Gradebook, go to the url in the top banner where you see all of the info then /gradebook. Then delete the word grade book (leave everything else) and type in the word undelete. It will take you to a new page where you can see all of the items that have been "deleted" and you can press the button to restore them. It's so frustrating but I've been able to fix mine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes