cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer III

Disappearing Graphics

Jump to solution

Hi, My Follow Pandas, 

I know it is a known issue but it kept coming back and haunting my courses. My course banners sometimes won't display, neither do some of the embedded pictures in the pages. I have double checked, the link is definitely correct and no file is corrupted. I know it because these disappearing graphics will reappear, the only thing you don't know is when they will. 

Have the Canvas tech support solved the disappearing graphics glitch? Or is there any fix to tweak this problem?

I cannot replicate the problem since it is so random. I don't know which graphic will disappear and reemerge. If my impression is not mistaken, JPGs with comparatively larger size tended to be a victim. 

By the way, some pages loaded quite slow after the recent updates, am I the only one?

@

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Instructure
Instructure

Hi again, langlangcat@gmail.com‌!

I wanted to follow up because I noticed you also created this as a discussion over at Disappearing Graphics. Because scottd@instructure.com‌ gave you a great answer over there to start the conversation, I'm going to lock this question and encourage all follow up communication to happen over at Disappearing Graphics.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Instructure
Instructure

Hi there, langlangcat@gmail.com!

As you noted, the images "disappearing" problem is a known issue that has been ongoing for awhile. To my knowledge, it has not been resolved. I actually experienced the problem about a week ago. Also, it has been documented at length throughout the community:

The common theme in all of these has been to submit a support ticket to Canvas to ensure this has been documented. This has obviously been a very complex problem related to a browser's cache that is hard to nail down, or else I'm sure it would have quickly been fixed. Some of the conversations above have mentions of other individual's case numbers in the event you would like to reference them. This will most likely help Canvas out a ton.

In the event you already have/had a case with Canvas and they felt as if the issue was resolved, please follow up with them and let them know the issue is still happening! We as a community are best when we work together and in this case it means helping Canvas Support nail down this issue.

In regards to your second question, I personally have not seen any slowness since the last update. I might suggest checking out the Canvas Status Page the next time there's an issue to see if perhaps there is a known issue happening.

Instructure
Instructure

Hi again, langlangcat@gmail.com‌!

I wanted to follow up because I noticed you also created this as a discussion over at Disappearing Graphics. Because scottd@instructure.com‌ gave you a great answer over there to start the conversation, I'm going to lock this question and encourage all follow up communication to happen over at Disappearing Graphics.

View solution in original post

Sadly, the link that Scott provided = Page not found.