cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Discovery page in the mobile app

Jump to solution

I've just set up a discovery page for our Canvas login, since we need to be able to authenticate using both SAML and Canvas authentication (just a simple web page with two links: /instructure.com/login/saml and /instructure.com/login/canvas).

I've set the Discovery URL under Authentication settings and it works fine on our webpage, but I need the mobile app to behave in the same way. Right now it just redirects directly to the SAML login page.

Is there some setting that I've missed? Any help would be appreciated Smiley Happy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Sorry I didn't get back to you! So basically what we had to do was contact Instructure and ask them to point the app towards our discovery page. As I understand it there is currently no way to set this yourself.

So now everything works fine and we have one login button for students and employees (SAML) and another button for all other users (Canvas authentication).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi nils.persson@slu.se‌,

Before I can help you more, what is the purpose of the separate log in methods? Is one for students and teachers and the other for admins? There are totally cases for base authentication methods, but wanted to dig deeper to see if I can help. Thanks! 

Highlighted

Sorry I didn't get back to you! So basically what we had to do was contact Instructure and ask them to point the app towards our discovery page. As I understand it there is currently no way to set this yourself.

So now everything works fine and we have one login button for students and employees (SAML) and another button for all other users (Canvas authentication).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

nils.persson@slu.se,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

Labels