Discussion Board

Jump to solution
MargaretPurnell
Community Explorer

I have a discussion board that students are posting to but I can't see their responses. I get the notification that they have posted, but when I click on the link to go to the discussion board, the board is blank. Two students have posted and I can't see either. I checked with them and they have not deleted their posts. Is there something I am doing wrong to access these discussion boards?

I have not yet asked students if they can see the posts. I will at the next class on Monday.

1 Solution
Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion

Hi Margaret,

That sounds confusing and frustrating.  It's kind of hard to help troubleshoot this without being able to actually see.    When you say you click the link to go to the discussion board -- is it the link from a notification that they posted?  Or is it the link in the course menu?   Also, is it a graded discussion?

Click Discussions in your course menu to see all Discussions in your course.   If there are any replies, on the far right will be number to tell you how many Unread replies there are.

For further assistance, you may have to contact Canvas Support directly if your organization pays for that service.

Here are some resources that hopefully can help:

View solution in original post