cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Discussion Boards

Jump to solution

How do I delete a post from a discussion group?  Somehow my response added extra information into post and it does not belong in response.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, kclark39@asu.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I'm not sure if you are an instructor or a student, so I'll try and answer your question for both roles.

If you are a student, then the ability to edit and/or delete discussion replies is something that your instructor controls at the course level via the course "Settings" screen.  Some instructors let their students have this ability while other instructors prefer that students do not have this ability.  You'd need to contact your instructor to see if he/she allows this: How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

If you are an instructor, this setting is set within course "Settings".  See the section on "View More Options" about 3/4 the way down this Guide: How do I set details for a course? and also this Guide: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12714-415299890 

I hope this will help, Kim.  Please let the Community know if you have any additional questions about this.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, kclark39@asu.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I'm not sure if you are an instructor or a student, so I'll try and answer your question for both roles.

If you are a student, then the ability to edit and/or delete discussion replies is something that your instructor controls at the course level via the course "Settings" screen.  Some instructors let their students have this ability while other instructors prefer that students do not have this ability.  You'd need to contact your instructor to see if he/she allows this: How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

If you are an instructor, this setting is set within course "Settings".  See the section on "View More Options" about 3/4 the way down this Guide: How do I set details for a course? and also this Guide: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12714-415299890 

I hope this will help, Kim.  Please let the Community know if you have any additional questions about this.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

Labels