cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmulville
Community Member

Discussion Posts Issue

Jump to solution

How do I get new discussion posts to post to top of the discussion stream.  Do not like to have to scroll down through all posts to read new posts.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dhulsey
Explorer II

Canvas does not offer quite the functionality you are looking for, but you can see all of the unread posts by clicking on the unread button:

206402_pastedImage_2.png

Once you have the list of all of the unread posts, you can view each discussion post in context by clicking on the view in discussion link on each post:

206403_pastedImage_3.png

I hope that helps, Leeann!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
waz107
Community Member

Hi  @lmulville ​,

I am also interested in learning how we can do this.  This is my first semester teaching in Canvas and I have not found a way to change.  I have about 70 students and even with a new discussion board for each week they often get long.  If this is not a possible I would propose it as an idea.  I would up vote it!

dhulsey
Explorer II

Canvas does not offer quite the functionality you are looking for, but you can see all of the unread posts by clicking on the unread button:

206402_pastedImage_2.png

Once you have the list of all of the unread posts, you can view each discussion post in context by clicking on the view in discussion link on each post:

206403_pastedImage_3.png

I hope that helps, Leeann!

View solution in original post

Thanks for feedback, however I really feel this is a needed change. Even unread should have latest posted on top or give a choice

Leeann M. Mulville

Professor Criminal Justice

Moorpark College

805-553-4194

lmulville@vcccd.edu

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

The idea for this has been suggested here - - and was already voted on and responded to by Instructure. I recommend reviewing the information on this idea and adding your own feedback there.