cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
detour-jenn
Surveyor II

Discussion message: page coming soon?

Jump to solution

When I attempt to either edit an existing Discussion post or create a new one I keep receiving the message: page coming soon.

I was able to use this feature successfully in the past, has something changed?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
detour-jenn
Surveyor II

Discussion issue resolved. We changed a setting and performed an update. Not sure which one worked, perhaps both! Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hello @detour-jenn,

That is very odd.  I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble with this.  Functionality around discussion creation or editing has not changed recently.  Just to check I went into your course and tried creating a new discussion and didn't encounter any errors or strange messages.  Have you tried all the usual troubleshooting steps such as logging out and back in, rebooting, using a different web browser, etc?

detour-jenn
Surveyor II

Yes I've logged out/in, rebooted, and cleared cache. Still can't edit or add a Discussion to my course.
I'm using Google Chrome.

That is very odd.  I am able to masquerade as you because you are using Free for Teacher.  I did that and tried adding a new discussion to both your course and to the course template you also see.  I can add discussions in both courses.  I'm not sure what else to recommend at this point other than possibly starting a new course and seeing if you can add discussions there?

detour-jenn
Surveyor II

Discussion issue resolved. We changed a setting and performed an update. Not sure which one worked, perhaps both! Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post