cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsanchez1
Surveyor

Discussion time stamps

Jump to solution

A faculty member at our college has noted that time stamps for discussions don't include an exact time.  They say things like "Today", "Yesterday", or show a numerical date.  However, there is no time of day recorded.  Is that an option that can be turned on, or is a verbose time stamp just not possible to put in discussion posts?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jsanchez1 , tell the Instructor to try mousing over the time stamp. Doing this shows the exact date/time the discussion was posted. Ex: 2 hours ago = June 22, 2017 at 10:36am when moused over. This is works in the discussion itself, as well as in Speedgrader.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jsanchez1 , tell the Instructor to try mousing over the time stamp. Doing this shows the exact date/time the discussion was posted. Ex: 2 hours ago = June 22, 2017 at 10:36am when moused over. This is works in the discussion itself, as well as in Speedgrader.

View solution in original post

I can't believe I didn't already notice the time stamp upon hover. Thanks so much for the tip  @kona ‌!

But just curious why the time is not just shown outright, rather than having to hover. I think it would be useful to many folks to have it shown. It is not as if it will take up much screen real estate. Also, if you can't use the mouse how would you see it? I could not get the time to appear when I tabbed the page. Just wondering.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

All great questions that I unfortunately don’t have the answer to. Hopefully someone else has some insight/information into this!

MrMcGee
Surveyor

It was showing the time stamp just last week without having to mouse over, and now it's just showing "today" "yesterday" etc, unless you mouse over.  Very frustrating.