cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Discussions - Go To Parent

Jump to solution

I run an online class for teachers to learn about Canvas and was asked a question about blocking students inappropriate questions. I knew that you could delete a students question so I went in to check out the steps. I noticed a new option in the menu. It was "Go To Parent". Does anyone know what this does? It sounds like it could be a wonderful tool especially in dealing with inappropriate discussion answers. But I really would like to know how it works. I have tried to find out by looking through the guides but can't find an answer. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

mhinojosa@dsdmail.net​, I actually didn't know this existed, but as I suspected when I read your post it doesn't have anything to do with "Parents" (as in a child's guardian). What it has to do with is the "Parent" message that the person is replying to. You can go ahead and click on it to test this out, but what it will do is take you to the original "Parent" post that the person was answering/replying to.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

mhinojosa@dsdmail.net​, I actually didn't know this existed, but as I suspected when I read your post it doesn't have anything to do with "Parents" (as in a child's guardian). What it has to do with is the "Parent" message that the person is replying to. You can go ahead and click on it to test this out, but what it will do is take you to the original "Parent" post that the person was answering/replying to.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank Kona. I was really hoping it would send the nasty post to the parent. Wasn’t sure how it would do that. But it would have been a great deterrent for inappropriate postings. I guess taking a screenshot of the post and then deleting it will have to do.

Michele Hinojosa

Technology Integration Center

Canvas Admin, UTIPS Admin

Davis School District

Highlighted

It definitely would have been cool if that's how it worked! Possibly a Canvas Feature Idea?