cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Display of my homepage

My Canvas home page looks like a mobile site. I am on a desktop and the icons are huge and it is hard to navigate through the site efficiently. Any suggestions?

18 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

kteague1@emich.edu​, that sounds pretty strange. Is it possible for you to post a screen shot of what your home page looks like? That might help us diagnose the problem!

Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks for responding. Here's some screen shots.

202500_pastedImage_2.png202501_pastedImage_3.png

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Have you tried clearing your browsers cache, switching browsers, or restarting your computer? I'd start with these things and see if the problem resolves itself.

Highlighted
Community Member

Okay. I'm going to try those suggestions. Thank you!

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Let us know if anything works!

Highlighted
Surveyor

@kimberly_teague I have seen this before when the CSS is either not loading, or the CSS has become corrupt.

When this happened, was their any customization being done to the styling for your Canvas instance?

Highlighted
Community Member

my homepage is blinking the cards with the classes i have. i can't look or get into them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, jamesm18451@stu.powayusd.com Thank You for posting your question here.  Your issue sounds like something with your web browser.  Are you using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox?  If so, is that browser up-to-date?  Please see Which browsers does Canvas support?‌ for more information...keeping in mind that Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser when navigating around the Canvas environment.  If you are already using Chrome or Firefox, you might consider downloading the other browser to see if that one works instead.  If you are still having issues after that, then I would recommend that you reach out to Canvas Support...as they might be able to hep you more.

I hope this information will be of help to you, James.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

kteague1@emich.edu​...

I wanted to check in with you.  Did the suggestions from kona@richland.edu​ help to resolve the issue with your course and the large icons?

Labels