Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mayreimm
Community Member

Divide Discussions into Groups

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone!

Is there a way to divide discussions into groups? For example, I teach English, so there are traditional discussion posts, annotation of work posts, and weekly writing posts. I wanted a way to make these all appear under their own group heading, so students can keep them straight.

Thanks!

Morgan

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

mayreimm​, there isn't a way to do this from "Discussions," but probably the easiest way to do this is using Modules. Under Modules there is an option to add a text header that you could use to separate out the different types of discussions and then add the appropriate discussion under the header.

Here are some guides that should help:

How do I create a new Module?

How do I add text to a Module?

How do I add items to a Module?

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

mayreimm​, there isn't a way to do this from "Discussions," but probably the easiest way to do this is using Modules. Under Modules there is an option to add a text header that you could use to separate out the different types of discussions and then add the appropriate discussion under the header.

Here are some guides that should help:

How do I create a new Module?

How do I add text to a Module?

How do I add items to a Module?

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

rpayne4
Learner II

Have there been any improvements on this in the past few years? We're finding that doing this for large classes when they're starting different discussions for different topics will quickly become chaotic and unusable.

Any way to categorise discussions in the discussions page like we can in the assignments page now?