cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emailemailemail
Community Member

Do I have to cite in discussion?

Jump to solution

When you have to make a reply in discussion forum and your instructor gives you a website to us, do you have to cite where you got your information from if you have to give statistics? And if i do how would i so it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @emailemailemail  , and  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

I doubt if you realize this, but you have asked your question in the global Canvas Community, where the members do not have access to your school's Canvas account, nor the individual course. Be that as it may, I will still give you the best answer I can..........

First, ask your instructor. You can learn how to contact your instructor at How do I send a message to a user in a course in Conversations as a student? 

I always require my students to cite their sources in Discussion postings, and I ask them to use APA format for doing so, although you have to slightly modify the APA format to work in discussions.

Learn how at:

Again, though, let me reiterate that you should check with your instructor.

Kelley

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @emailemailemail  , and  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

I doubt if you realize this, but you have asked your question in the global Canvas Community, where the members do not have access to your school's Canvas account, nor the individual course. Be that as it may, I will still give you the best answer I can..........

First, ask your instructor. You can learn how to contact your instructor at How do I send a message to a user in a course in Conversations as a student? 

I always require my students to cite their sources in Discussion postings, and I ask them to use APA format for doing so, although you have to slightly modify the APA format to work in discussions.

Learn how at:

Again, though, let me reiterate that you should check with your instructor.

Kelley

View solution in original post