cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Do notifications accompany updates to shared resources in Commons?

Jump to solution

If a user shares a resource to Commons, and then later makes edits or updates, do users who've imported the resource before the changes were made receive any notification about the update?  If so, where do they receive the update?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

duquettk@bc.edu, according to the Commons Guides.

When a modified resource is re-shared to Commons, users who have imported a copy of that resource in Commons prior to the update will receive a notification with the option to update the resource. When an update is available, it will appear on the updates page, in the notifications center, in Canvas Conversations, and on the resource detail page.

Here's the guide link:How do I view updates to resources I previously imported from Commons? .

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

duquettk@bc.edu, according to the Commons Guides.

When a modified resource is re-shared to Commons, users who have imported a copy of that resource in Commons prior to the update will receive a notification with the option to update the resource. When an update is available, it will appear on the updates page, in the notifications center, in Canvas Conversations, and on the resource detail page.

Here's the guide link:How do I view updates to resources I previously imported from Commons? .

View solution in original post