cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waz107
Community Member

Do you delete old announcements?

I am relatively new to using announcements for all of my whole-class messages. Some of these announcements are reminders about tutoring sessions. Once the session is over this announcement is a bit irrelevant.  Do you keep all of your announcements up all year? Or, do you delete old announcements as they become outdated?

5 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@waz107 ‌, in general I keep them because it is a record of the course and what happened. If a student would try to question something related to the announcement then for me it's better to still have it to refer back to. 

waz107
Community Member

We have four online review sessions each week and I'm looking for the most efficient way is to remind students of these sessions on the morning of each session.  I used to send messages via the Inbox, but I feel like there has been a push toward using announcements.  With four announcements about review sessions each week it is getting cluttered and we're still in week 1 of the course.  Would you suggest going back to the Inbox for reminders like this?

cmarin
Community Member

I think that I will only keep the announcements for the duration of the semester and then they will be erased.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Why not add them as events on the calendar? That way it would pop-up and be visible to students and wouldn't clutter announcements or your Inbox.

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@waz107 ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie