Do you have private accounts not connected to a university?

Jump to solution
dsacco1
Community Novice

I will be leaving the university but don't want to lose all of my courses. Is there a way to have an account that is just private so that I can save all of my work? What would a private account cost? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi,  @dsacco1  Welcome to the Canvas Community! Anyone can create a Free For Teachers (FFT) account (no cost). Free For Teachers provides teachers with access to most major Canvas features with limitations as noted in the Canvas Account Comparisons PDF in How do I sign up for a Canvas account as an instructor?

One important limitation to keep in mind is the course quota: in FFT, it is 250MB, so there's a possibility that your existing courses will be too large to import into FFT. Before creating the export package, evaluate which items are taking up the most storage (videos are the biggest culprit) to see what content can be hosted externally (YouTube).

If the courses are under 250MB, you shouldn't experience any issues in the export-import process. However, if you can't get the course size lower than that, you could share your course content from your current account to Canvas Commons, and then import selected content from those courses into your new FFT courses.

View solution in original post

0 Likes