cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

DocViewer disabling PDF document bookmarks

Has anyone had an issue with the DocViewer disabling internal PDF bookmarks? I have a PDF document that links/bookmarks to other location on the document. The bookmarks work using the Adobe Viewer but are being disable when using the DocViewer. 

4 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi tylerweldon@uab.edu.  Just wondering, but are the internal bookmarks not working in Docview itself, or even if the document is downloaded from Docview and opened in Adobe Reader?  

Thanks for the clarification!

Hi ericwerth‌ yes, if you view the PDF using Adobe Reader or a browser the internal bookmarks are working. Its only when using the #docviewer‌ do the bookmarks stop working. 

Surveyor

Hi Tyler,

There is a similar conversation here about the doc viewer not keeping internal links from pdfs that may help you. 

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, tylerweldon@uab.edu...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this thread since March 21, 2018.  Have you been able to find a solution to get bookmarked links in a PDF to work properly in DocViewer?  If so, would you mind sharing what you've learned back here in the Community?  Or, if you are still looking for some help or solutions, please let us know so that someone from the Community might be able to assist you.  If you feel that one of the above responses has helped to answer your question, you could also mark that person's response as "Correct".  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because it's been four months since we've seen any new activity in this topic.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Tyler.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.