cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjohnson210
Community Member

Does anyone know how to embed a video (and be able to play it) into a Word document using a Mac?

Jump to solution

I am doing a word lab and can't figure out how to get a video from YouTube to my Mac. Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James
Navigator

@jjohnson210  ,

It appears that this is one area where the Mac version of Word is different from the Windows version of Word. I found this answer in Microsoft's support forums:  how to insert youtube videos into word Office 2016 for mac. you can do - Microsoft Community 

The question was

how to insert youtube videos into word Office 2016 for mac. you can do it on Windows but why can't you insert a video on the mac version

The answer was

Sorry, that's the way they made it.

Word 2016 for Mac does not have that function. It can embed only videos/audio that are saved locally to your computer.

There's no work-around.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
James
Navigator

@jjohnson210  ,

It appears that this is one area where the Mac version of Word is different from the Windows version of Word. I found this answer in Microsoft's support forums:  how to insert youtube videos into word Office 2016 for mac. you can do - Microsoft Community 

The question was

how to insert youtube videos into word Office 2016 for mac. you can do it on Windows but why can't you insert a video on the mac version

The answer was

Sorry, that's the way they made it.

Word 2016 for Mac does not have that function. It can embed only videos/audio that are saved locally to your computer.

There's no work-around.

View solution in original post